This section describes major enhancements and features in the [Ei] OS™ 4.0.1 release.
The new release of [Ei] OS™ has received support for management of remote TVs connected to LAN network. You can connect the network TV to the appliance and configure the brightness, contrast, volume level, and the input port for video signal processing.
The new release of [Ei] OS™ has introduced an option to download and upload the UI localization file. This way you can quickly translate the interface titles and messages to the appropriate language and load these changes into the appliance.
Additional improvements in the interface localization include the following:
- The option to set the preferable language for interface display in the user profile.
- Selection of the preferable language for interface display during the first login into the appliance.
[Ei] OS™ 4.0.1 has received support for a new controller type – [EI] Controller (Auxiliary). It enables connection of up to 5 sensors and one port is reserved for connecting [Ei] Switch. It supports all the existing sensor types and provides the mechanism to trigger actions on remote appliances upon occurrence of specific events in the installation environment. You can also deliver configuration of [Ei] Controller (Auxiliary) from [Ei] Central.
This section outlines all improvements in the node setup and configuration in [Ei] OS 4.0.1 release.
Extended operation of the Data Lifecycle Management engine and added options to enable/disable upload of each log type, set aggregation period and timeout for upload of collected log files to [Ei] Central.
Additional improvements in Data Lifecycle Management include the following:
- The configurable option to enable/disable writing of Proof of Play logs on the appliance on [Ei] Central.
- Updates in titles for log types and other options in the Data Lifecycle Management page.
- Set the default status for different log types written on the appliance on the Data Lifecycle Management page.
- Integrated options of SNMP Monitoring into the existing functionality of Data Lifecycle Management.
- Automatic removal of [Ei] Control Pad logs older than 3 months.
Network Configuration form has been redesigned to simplify [Ei] Node initial setup. This includes the following:
- Separated sections to configure network parameters, integration settings, and date/time values during the initial appliance setup.
- Updated the key combinations to open the forms during the appliance boot from Right Shift to Right Shift + Space.
- Updated behavior of input fields when setting the network configuration depending on the selected connection type.
- The option to show the password characters when connecting the appliance to a Wi-Fi network.
The new release of [Ei] OS™ has received support for [Ei] Profiler and SNMP Monitoring. These services allow you to receive the hardware and monitoring information about [Ei] solutions upon request. You can quickly track availability of your media players and use the monitoring data for analyzing operation of the integrated appliances. Configuration of SNMP Monitoring can be delivered from [Ei] Central to [Ei] Nodes.
The new release of [Ei] OS™ has improved integration between [Ei] Nodes and [Ei] Switch. The periodical checkup of the appliance availability has been added, so now [Ei] Switch may automatically restart the media player if it is unresponsive or unavailable. The option to enable/disable watchdog on [Ei] Switch and specify timeout for its operation has been added.
[Ei] Switch now can be also used as a sensor when connected to [Ei] Controller (Auxiliary).
The following issues in operation of [Ei] Switch have been addressed:
- Issue with the resetting of settings of [Ei] Switch after the appliance reset.
[[Ei] OS™ 4.0.1 has received support for new player models, as following:
- Unity OH22D – a new player model with the interactive touch screen for getting product information and service activation onsite.
- Dell XPS 27 – a new player model with the 27’’ multitouch interactive screen and built-in speakers for product promotion and media content broadcast.
- E12000 – a top-level player model with twelve independent video channels for digital content exposure and video wall operation.
- E16000 – a premium-level player model with sixteen independent video channels for playback of digital signs and complex video wall building.
- NU2224 – a small-footprint media player with two video channels for installation in self-service kiosks and space-limited environments.
- AX2221 – a single-board media player with two video channels for installation in POS kiosks and fixtures with the limited installation space.
- Alienware Alpha R2 – a top-performance media player for broadcast of bright and event-rich media content.
[Ei] OS™ 4.0.1 has received support for new touch screen models, as following:
- Zytronic ZYX300
- ELO TouchSolutions 2521
The new release of [Ei] OS™ also supports different modes for operation of touch screens depending on the broadcast content.
This section outlines new [Ei] Platform capabilities and enhancement in [Ei] OS 4.0.1.
The new release of [Ei] OS™ has introduced a series of updates for Playback Control Kit, as follows:
- Delivery of configuration of Playback Control Kit from [Ei] Central to [Ei] Node.
- The option to release a physical Playback Control Kit connected to [Ei] Node.
- Updated icons for management of Playback Control Kit.
- Automatic pairing of the virtual Playback Control Kit to the real Playback Control Kit after its connection to [Ei] Node.
The new release of [Ei] OS™ has introduced a series of updates for Overhead Lane Precision Tracking, as follows:
- Measurement units for the Projection width and Tracked width options of the OLP Controller.
- Two projectors generating custom visual effects projected onto the bowling lane, animating the rolling ball.
- Limitations when setting the lane detection area so tracked areas do not overlap each other.
- Default playback duration for Unity 3D effects on the appliance.
The new release of [Ei] OS™ has introduced a series of updates for Video Wall Management, as follows:
- Dynamic configuration of the video wall layout depending on the number of connected TVs.
- Validation of the maximal video wall resolution (16384x16384 px) when saving the video wall layout configuration.
- The option to set position and size of the PiP frame for the video wall.
The number of updates for the Content Library includes the following:
- Display of information about the video codec used in the video file in Content Library.
- Made the search by item in Content Library as case insensitive.
- Export of playback schedule and content items from USB stick.
- Addressed the problem with automatic cleanup of non-used items from Content Library of [Ei] Node.
- Addressed the problem with showing an error while editing the web page item in Content Library.
This section outlines all reliability and stability improvements delivered with the [Ei] OS 4.0.1 release.
Added reliability updates into the playback engine, such as:
- Fixed the problem when the Active schema did not override the Active schedule time.
- Fixed the problem with the delivery of the default silent sequence from [Ei] Central to [Ei] Node.
- Fixed the problem with using incorrect parameters while previewing video channels after signing in to [Ei] Node from [Ei] Central.
- Fixed the problem with disappearance of the Manual update option when previewing the video channel and clicking the Refresh button.
- Fixed the problem with the video channel preview image that did not fit the dimensions of the dedicated pop-up form.
- Fixed the problem issue with generating the video channel preview in the landscape orientation when the channel operates in the portrait orientation.
- Fixed the problem with the frequent playback restart during operation of [Ei] Node.
- Fixed the problem with playback of media content on some video channels on E12000 player model after start of the inactive time on the appliance.
- Fixed the problem with playback of a sequence with a meta movie.
All data communication and transfer procedures have been switched to secured HTTPS and SFTP protocols.
Addressed a problem related to the situation when it was not possible to continue configuration of the appliance after performing the system reset and applying default data during the node initialization.
Addressed the problem with delivery of the video and audio channel configuration from [Ei] Central to [Ei] Node. The issue occurred with delivery of video channel layouts for appliances with multiple video channels.
Addressed the problem with assignment of digital sound to PiP frames. The issue occurred when configuration of digital sound mappings to PiP frames was delivered from [Ei] Central to [Ei] Node.
Fixed the problem related to connection of E12000 player model to the Wi-Fi network. The Wi-Fi module was not able to detect the available Wi-Fi networks and set the IP address for connecting to the network.
Fixed the problem related to display of the white page when configuring Overhead Lane Precision Controller after reboot of the appliance. Added the re-initialization of the controller in case of communication problems between the appliance and controller.
Fixed the problem of operation of contextual triggers for the Playback Control Kit. No actions were run after occurrence of pre-defined events if configuration of Playback Control Kit was delivered from [Ei] Central to [Ei] Node.
Fixed the problem with the continuous playback of the Smart Fixtures app on the appliance. After some days of the interrupted playback of the application, the appliance started showing the white screen.
Fixed the problem with installation of the firmware update on the appliance. The update procedure was instantly followed by the revert procedure so the appliance firmware was not properly updated.
Fixed the problem with calculation of incorrect frame dimensions for custom portrait layouts delivered from [Ei] Central to [Ei] Node.
Fixed the problem with appearance of white stripes in dialog forms when entered data is not correct and cannot pass the validation. The layout of dialog forms has been updated to correctly display the error messages.
Fixed the problem with operation of the State Management System when the same sequence was played back after change of the state on the appliance. The issue also affected the contextual triggers that did not start playback of the sequence pre-defined for the specific state.
[Ei] OS 4.0.1 is compatible with the following models of [Ei] Nodes:
- Unity OH22D
- Dell XPS 27
- Alienware Alpha R2
This section describes known issues and incompatibilities found in the [Ei] OS™ 4.0.1 release.
Previous [Ei] OS™ releases cannot be automatically upgraded to the version 4.0, and require manual reconfiguration with Evogence Professional Services and Support
No critical bugs have been identified.
The list of known issues include the following:
- Hiding of the PiP frame used for playback of the scheduled content after end of the playback time [AS-16163].
- Configuration of the extender sensor connected to [Ei] Controller (Auxiliary) [AS-16367].
- Delivery of dynamic PiP frames from [Ei] Central to the appliance within the video wall configuration [AS-16314].